Active Component: The active component of cayenne is capsaicin, a substance that is responsible for the intense heat produced by the fruit. Generally, the hotter the pepper, the more capsaicin it contains.
Nutrient Content: Vitamin A, C and E; it is also a good source of dietary fiber.
Varieties: The typical color for cayenne is red. However, there are other capsicum varieties that vary in color from yellow to purple to orange.
- Cayenne is the greatest blood circulation stimulant known. Cayenne increases your blood circulation immediately within seconds, more than any other herb. Blood flow is what takes nutrition and the healing properties of herbs to the cells. Blood flow is also what carries out and removes waste material.
- Cayenne helps to “clean out” the arteries and reverse the effects of atherosclerosis.
- Cayenne is often use by Herbalist to improve absorption and circulation of other herbs and supplements in the body.
- Cayenne can inhibit the growth of the bacteria H. pylori, which is the common cause of stomach ulcers.
- Cayenne has been used in traditional medicine for the treatment of sore throats, upper respiratory tract infections, sinusitis and fevers. When you first feel a cold is coming, drink a cup of cayenne tea immediately. In the morning your cold should have subsided. The same holds true for the flu or a sore throat.
- Cayenne is use for digestive ailments. When taken internally, cayenne soothes the digestive tract and stimulates the flow of stomach secretions and saliva. These secretions contain substances which help digest food.
- Cayenne is a good remedy for constipation since it stimulates peristalsis and improves digestion. It is suggested that cayenne be used at every meal or when needed for constipation.
- Cayenne may help speeds up metabolism and may aid in weight loss because Cayenne aids in the burning of fat for energy.
- Cayenne helps to bring down blood sugar levels.
- Cayenne tea: An infusion of cayenne tea would be made by combining one cup of hot water with ½ to 1 teaspoonful of cayenne powder. Drink this three times per day.